Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First days at Duke University Libraries

After the first three whirlwind weeks I've settled in quite comfortably at Duke University. Spring is in the air and the fairytale campus welcomes it with open arms (I might need a new wardrobe though...). I feel as if our time in Illinois under the guidance of Barbara, Susan and Jamie of the Mortenson Centre has prepared me well for the remainder of the visit. I find conversations with colleagues very stimulating as I feel I now have a broader understanding of academic and research libraries in the US and how they operate. I appreciate the pockets of reflective downtime that I have here which enables me to process the continuous stream of information and experiences that come my way. Right now I'm taking a break before getting ready for my welcome reception in the glorious Rare Books room where I would happily be locked up in!

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Linda Cartwright said...

Reading your post makes me feel quite nostalgic!Spring in Durham is special - I loved the daffodils and tulips! Have you discovered the Sarah Duke Gardens yet?

 
At March 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Mimi Seyffert said...

Yes! the gardens are amazing. I was told about your photography 'project' in the gardens last year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home