Thursday, March 15, 2012

First few days in Canada

Arrived on Saturday late afternoon to some snow on the ground -    different snow to that in Orchard Downs. Smaller crystals -  have been told that it was good snowman-making snow.    Weather is warm -  same as Cape Town's weather currently!   A little bit of rain,  and some early morning thunder and lightning.    Apartment is spacious with a brilliant view of Kitchener and Waterloo.  (I am on the 16th floor).    And is about a 10 minute walk away from campus.      Everyone is soooo friendly, and helpful.

I have a little office in the Information Services and Resources Section of the Dana Porter Library in the University of Waterloo Library.    Also, I now have a UWaterloo email address for the duration of the time I am here, and am using it mainly for scheduling of my time.  

My calendar isn't too full this week,  so there is time to reflect on the hectic three weeks in Urbana-Champaign,  so I am putting my report(s) together for Pat, and putting some more touches to the presentation and composing postings for my own blog*.      Did you see our photo on the Mortenson Center website?

* started in 2004 with the first visit to Mortenson.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home