Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reflections @ the journey's end

So, the dreaded/welcome last week/week of lasts has arrived. Talk about mixed feelings! Thoughts of family and friends back home have me counting the days, but on the other hand, I am acutely aware of the fact that a very special time and once in a lifetime opportunity is sadly drawing to a close. I keep on asking myself, have I done enough? I certainly hope so. I’ve had days where my head could explode from information overload; I’ve had days of quiet reflection. I’ve had days surrounded by too many people, too many voices; I’ve had silent, lonely days. I’ve tried to process al the experiences and information in an orderly fashion – hoping to create a logical aide memoir and reference for myself to refer to when I get home. But, I think I’m already feeling the pressure of the most difficult part which is yet to come: Doing something, giving back, sharing… I hope that our “Open Access” group of interns (and friends) will keep on supporting each other once we are back at home. So let me end by thanking Carnegie, the organizers, my fellow interns and, of course, our welcoming US hosts at Mortenson and Duke. It’s been a truly exceptional experience!

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Shorba Harkhu said...

Well said Mimi

 
At April 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM , Blogger tcoetsee said...

Interesting that we all feel the same, sad and glad. After packing this morning, I am now dead tired, almost like my body are telling me, this is it now. You're going back! Mimi, you've captured the emotions well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home